Rise Up Virtues Devotional for Kids
Rise Up: Shining with Virtue Devotional for Kids is a beautiful and remarkable collection on the Catholic faith for today’s children. From the makers at Blessed Is She, this compilation of over a dozen writers offers, an in-depth, age-appropriate view of virtues, steeped in Catholic tradition, suitable for children ages 8-12.
In over 250 pages, each chapter addresses on one of fifteen virtues, all inspired by Saint Thomas Aquinas’ writings on virtues in his influential work, Summa Theologiae.
Written in a seven-day format, the chapter opens with a reflection on a Scripture passage that captures that virtue. For the next five days there are daily spirited reflections, with Scripture or a Saint quote, brief enough to memorize. The week is wrapped up with a thought-provoking and encouraging conclusion and prayer.
The fifteen virtues found in the devotional are:
- faith written by Gina Fensterer
- hope written by Dr. Samantha Aguinaldo-Wetterholm
- charity by Blessed is She’s founder, Jenna Guizar
- prudence by Abbey Davis Dupuy
- justice by Mary Catherine Craige
- gratitude by Anna Coyne
- generosity by Joan Geiger
- obedience by Bobbi Rol
- fortitude by Jacqui Skemp
- perseverance by Blythe Fike
- patience/mercy by Megan Hjelmstad
- temperance by Sister Maria Kim Bui
- humility by Olivia Spears
- studiousness by Rose Coleman
- honesty by Dr. MaryRuth Hackett.
Give this gift to the children you love to help them learn Scripture and the wisdom of the Saints and grow in virtue.
It is 5×7 inches, glossy paper, perfect bound, and designed/printed in the USA.